Progress Report 2013
Editors: David Anthony, Eric Mullerbeck
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), September 2013
In support of ‘A Promise Renewed’, UNICEF is publishing annual reports on child survival to track progress and promote accountability for global commitments made to children. This year’s report, released in conjunction with the child mortality estimates of the United Nations Inter-Agency Group on Mortality Estimation, presents:
- Trends and levels in under-five mortality over the past two decades.
- Analysis of progress towards Millennium Development Goal 4.
- Causes of and interventions against child mortality.
- Highlights of national and global initiatives by governments, civil society and the private sector to accelerate progress on child survival.
- Statistical tables of child mortality and causes of under-five deaths by country and UNICEF regional classification.