Starting in September 2018 at the University of Freiburg, Germany
This modular course in English is intended for postgraduate students awarding 60 credit points (ECTS). The MSc GUH will be taken as FULL TIME STUDY (one academic year). The initial phase will be in Freiburg (9 months) and the subsequent field study (for the MSc thesis) will be done abroad or as desk study in Freiburg. The course includes cross-disciplinary approaches with inputs from several faculties of Freiburg University and external lecturers, organized by the “Centre for Medicine and Society” on behalf of the Humanities Faculty. There will be excursions to Geneva, Basel, Strasbourg and other places of interest.
The MSc in Global Urban Health is organized through an interdisciplinary effort covering different topic areas in relation to urban health needs. Each of the following modules and sub-modules can also be taken separately.
- Analysis tools (Epidemiology, Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Geography, Anthropology)
- Communicable Diseases and quality assured programmes in urban settings
- Environmental management and control of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Migration, violence and mental health among urban populations
- Research Project (Master Thesis)
For more information see: https://www.zmg.uni-freiburg.de/training/mscglobalhealth/master